- National Sales Tax (What rate?)
- “Somewhat” Higher Income Tax (references a 73% rate proposal then says that might be too much)
- A lot of extra revenue would come the middle class
- Revenues would be used to provide a “good national healthcare system” and a “good social safety net”
- Countries with reasonable systems have a tax share of 40% of GDP, but that’s not a target, wants outcomes not a number
He wants to more than double federal revenue. Historically, taxes have been stuck at around 18% of GDP, but Krugman thinks 40% is decent:
Like some others, I don’t actually consider Paul Krugman to be an economist, the same way astrologers are not astronomers. He is mainly a political hack that peddles economic quackery and “leftist”/socialist propaganda.